Ocean swimming: 07.00-18.00
(cannot swim 25 m non-stop in a swimming pool): at Veerampathinam beach, Serenity beach ***or in Aroma Garden's pool
(can swim front crawl and backstroke well in a swimming pool):
at Pondicherry University beach or in the deep freshwater lakes***
Usha, the founder of AuroSwim, is no longer giving swimming classes, and there is no longer any business activity in India since she moved to Spain.
Ruslan is currently the seniormost member of the Club and helps its other members learn ocean swimming worldwide.
- The activities are for students above 7 years old
- You will master several open-water swiming styles quickly, enjoy water games, get to know how to handle safely marine life (jelly fish, rays, etc.), release muscle cramps, master the waves and dive safely.
- You will master a few bits of yoga too: jala neti, bhastrika, other pranayamas, mental control
- Swimmers have to bring their own equipment (flippers, goggles, floating aids, etc.)
- Swimmers at the regular activities must be free from heart ailments or allergies
- Beginners can practise at a shallow, calm beach where the senior swimmers can easily restrict them to swimming within a certain water depth not exceeding the level of their solar plexus
- It's easier to learn to swim in the seawater as the boyancy is much greater